Business processes represent only one facet of business reality; the transparency becomes complete only with the business rules. DMN 1.2 as a complement to BPMN 2.0 promises to become the global standard for decision modeling. The course provides practice-oriented knowledge for the creation of easy to read and comprehensible decision models and shows how the standard notation can be introduced in an organization.
Details and content
- Basic elements of DMN 1.2
- First practical decision examples
- Decision Requirements Diagrams (DRD)
- Decision tables
- Evaluable expressions with FEEL
- Boxed expressions
- Embedding in BPMN 2.0
- Hierarchical modeling
- Readability of process models
- Work out your own conventions
- Testing of decision models
- Practical exercises
Benefits / Learning Goals
- Participants are familiar with the DMN 1.2 elements
- They are able to document decisions correctly in a clear and concise manner, according to the facts
- You are able assess which modeling conventions you need to successfully implement DMN 1.2 in your organisation
You can acquire the "processCentric DMN 1.2 Expert" certificate by taking a multiple choice exam and submitting a complex modeling task.
Methodology / Didactics
The concepts, methods and relationships are presented in the course in a way to promote a practice-oriented understanding of decision modeling with DMN 1.2. The participants deepen their understanding by resolving practical exercises.
Beginning and experienced process management specialists who want to document decisions clearly and accurately for specific target groups.
- Knowledge of process modelling with BPMN 2.0
- Basic knowledge or initial experience in business process management